Bozeman Deaconess Hospital receives Healthgrades 2013 Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ Bozeman Deaconess Hospital is recognized by Healthgrades as a 2013 Outstanding Patient Experience Award Recipient. The hospital is ranked among the Top 15% in the nation for Patient Experience and is the only recipient of this award in Montana.
To be eligible for the Healthgrades 2013 Outstanding Patient Experience Award, Bozeman Deaconess Hospital must meet the clinical quality threshold for this award and have data for a minimum number of HCAHPS surveys:
• Clinical Quality Threshold – Bozeman Deaconess Hospital ranked among the top 80% of hospitals for clinical quality as ranked by average z-score across the conditions and procedures that Healthgrades evaluates using Medicare data.
• Minimum Number of HCAHPS Surveys – Bozeman Deaconess Hospital had data for at least 100 Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) surveys to reliably assess performance.
"A" Hospital Safety Score (SM) by The Leapfrog GroupBozeman Deaconess Health Services is pleased to be recognized for the second time with an A Hospital Safety Score(SM) by The Leapfrog Group, an independent national nonprofit. Bozeman Deaconess is one of only two hospitals in Montana to receive a consecutive "A" rating from this leading healthcare quality and safety organization, putting us in the top 25% in the nation.
The Hospital Safety Score(SM) was calculated under the guidance of The Leapfrog Groups Blue Ribbon Expert Panel using publicly available data on patient injuries, medical and medication errors, and infections. U.S. hospitals were assigned an A, B, C, D, or F for their safety.
5-Star Rating from Healthgrades for Joint ReplacementBozeman Deaconess Health Services Joint Replacement program received a five-star rating from HealthGrades, the leading provider of physician and hospital information for consumers, for the second year in a row.
HealthGrades also recognized BDHS for additional superior services:
- Ranked among the top 5 in Montana for overall orthopedic services in 2013
- Ranked among the top 5 in Montana for joint replacement in 2013
- Ranked among the top 5 in Montana for overall orthopedic services for four years in a row (2010-2013)
- Ranked among the top 5 in Montana for joint replacement for four years in a row (2010-2013)
- Five-star recipient for total knee replacement for two years in a row (2012-2013)
- Five-star recipient for total hip replacement for four years in a row (2010-2013)
Mountain-Pacific Quality Health Foundation Quality Achievement AwardFor the fifth year in a row, Bozeman Deaconess Hospital has been awarded a Mountain-Pacific Quality Health Foundation Quality Achievement Award—its highest honor. Bozeman Deaconess Hospital was one of only three hospitals to earn the award this year.
Five-Star Award for Community Value, 2007-2010For the fourth year in a row, Bozeman Deaconess has earned a Five-Star Award for Community Value for scoring in the top 20% of over 1500 similar hospitals in an evaluation by the national healthcare organization Cleverley + Associates. Hospitals with scores in the top 20% are designated as "Five-Star" facilities and the measurements suggest hospitals operating with a high degree of community value are those that are quality of care, low cost, low charge, and use a strong financial position to reinvest back into the provision of care at the facility.
Bozeman Deaconess was one of two Montana hospitals recognized for the award.
The Joint Commission AccreditationBy demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission‘s national standards for health care quality and safety, Bozeman Deaconess Hospital has earned the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™.
Designated Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip ReplacementBozeman Deaconess Hospital has received designation as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana. Blue Distinction designations are awarded to facilities that have demonstrated a commitment to quality care by meeting objective, evidence-based thresholds for clinical quality and safety developed with input from expert clinicians and leading professional organizations.
Exceeding Patient Expectations Award, 2011As evidence of our commitment to quality and continued improvement, Bozeman Deaconess Hospital is being awarded an Avatar International 2011 Exceeding Patient Expectations Award.
Joint Replacement Excellence Award by HealthGrades
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ in 2012
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Joint Replacement in 2012 by HealthGrades
- Ranked #1 in MT for Joint Replacement in 2012 by HealthGrades
- Five-Star Rated for Joint Replacement in 2012 by HealthGrades
First in Montana for NCQA Level III Medical Home RecognitionFour Bozeman Deaconess Health Group primary care practices have received recognition from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Physician Practice Connections—Patient-Centered Medical Home (PPC-PCMH) program for using evidence-based, patient-centered processes that focus on highly coordinated care and long-term participative relationships. Notably, the Bozeman Deaconess Health Group clinics are the first in the State of Montana to earn Level III Medical Home Recognition. Practices receiving recognition are Bozeman Deaconess Bridger Internal Medicine, Bozeman Deaconess Hathaway Internal Medicine, Bozeman Deaconess Internal Medicine Associates, and Bozeman Deaconess Family Medicine and Pediatrics, Medical Associates.
Five-Star Rated for Total Hip Replacement & Total Knee Replacement
- Five-Star Rated for Total Hip Replacement for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012) by HealthGrades
- Five-Star Rated for Total Knee Replacement for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012) by HealthGrades
"A" Hospital Safety Score (SM) by The Leapfrog GroupBozeman Deaconess Health Services was honored with an A Hospital Safety Score(SM) by The Leapfrog Group, an independent national nonprofit run by employers and other large purchasers of health benefits. The Hospital Safety Score(SM) was calculated under the guidance of The Leapfrog Groups Blue Ribbon Expert Panel using publicly available data on patient injuries, medical and medication errors, and infections. U.S. hospitals were assigned an A, B, C, D, or F for their safety.
Overall Orthopedic Services: Top 5 in MT
- Ranked #3 in MT for Overall Orthopedic Services in 2012 by HealthGrades
- Ranked Among the Top 5 in MT for Overall Orthopedic Services for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012) by HealthGrades
- Ranked Among the Top 3 in MT for Overall Orthopedic Services in 2012 by HealthGrades
Five-Star Rated for Coronary Interventional Procedures
- HealthGrades awarded Bozeman Deaconess Heart Center a five-star rating for three years in a row (2009-2011) for quality of its coronary interventional procedures.
- Bozeman Deaconess Heart Center is also ranked among the Top 5 in Montana for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Quality Achievement AwardFor the fourth year in a row and the seventh time, Bozeman Deaconess received the 2011 Mountain-Pacific Quality Achievement Award, the highest award possible. Bozeman Deaconess was recognized for its commitment to ensuring that patients receive the highest quality of care in certain areas. Bozeman Deaconess has previously won the award in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, and 2010.
NCQA Diabetes Management AccreditationBozeman Deaconess Diabetes Center has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for diabetes care. The Center earned three-year NCQA recognition for its overall high quality of diabetes care. Patients cared for at the Diabetes Center exceed standards for blood glucose control and surveillance for complications including nerve damage, eye damage, kidney damage, and control of cholesterol and control of blood pressure.